Exams, a major stress issue for children which happens maybe twice or thrice a year but that is not the idea of this post, well it kind of is but this isn’t one of those posts where I go into depth rather this is a light-hearted post where I’ll just scramble a few paragraphs because… err… umm… I kind of have my first exam tomorrow too.
Generally in India, September is the default month for Mid-terms. I’ve seen Mid-terms in September for so many schools and so many years that I somehow believe this may as well be written somewhere as a ‘comment’ in the constitution. Something like, ‘Mid-terms – September’. What actually intrigues me is the little loop that plays every mid-term when the month for the exams begins.
Seriously? Don’t you have that guy who always asks you to call you about the syllabus? The Facebook-er who posts grim status updates for whole the day and at last updates something like, ‘Preparation done! Yuppie! ’ and you’re like, ‘Moferthucking ass, the animal’. There are so many acts that people repeat every year and we just you know, ignore the beautiful patterns and keep studying for the day, silly us!
There’s this junior, I won’t mention him but I’m sure when he reads it, he’ll know it’s about him. Anyway, he is like putting himself under the Earth since the last month and asking me and other seniors for any ‘intel’ he requires for passing the mid-term exams though he is actually a really good scholar (pun + hint intended). There’s always people like this who keep worrying but then ultimately score the most or near the most which is equally good. Somehow, there is a person like this whom I encounter each year.
This post is actually really dumb to I’ll dumb it dumber now. Here are the 10 types of ‘Exam Tomorrow’ students.
1. The Freakout : This person will freak out and freak out and keep freaking out for as many hours they want but that isn’t all, they will call you up and ultimately freak you out too and then you’ll both freak out on the phone for about 15 minutes and realize that you wasted so much time and then he/she’ll freak again.
2. The Genius : Pretty self-explanatory actually, this person tells everyone he/she has studied everything, because he/she has really studied everything and ultimately gets the most marks.
3. The Facebook-Err : These are the most irritating people. They update each and every little level of progress they are making. Things like, ‘Ohh Gawd! So much to do’, ‘Few chapters left! Yeah!’, ‘Damn, I’m tired’, ‘Almost done, phew!’ and ‘Yuppie! All prepared’ would pop up on their feed anywhere within a span of 7-8 hours.
4. The Jock : These guys don’t care to open the book at all and well, they don’t want to either. They are above the idea of mere examinations and I respect them for that. One trivial fact is that they tend to excel more at sports.
5. The ‘Infinitely Revising’ kid : Text him a month before, a week before, a day before or an hour before this person would say just one thing, ‘I just need to revise a little, I know it all.’ At times, this species can be very, very annoying for you may think that they’re lying. Reality is, they really need to revise stuff, they are just too busy to do that.
6. The Cave Dwelling Nerd : You have no idea about or whereabouts of this person, they may be in their house or even a God-damned cave for that matter. What you do know is that, no matter wherever they are, cut-off from the whole world, they are flooded with books, studying. :O
7. The Blogger : Well, now you’re reading about yours truly. This person no matter there is an exam tomorrow or the world ends will always find time to update his blog according to routine. Who wants to keep the readers waiting, eh?
8. The Conversationalist : A rather interesting specimen, this person loves to text people asking about their updates, how much have they covered, will they cover all, what will they drop and stuff and what peculiar is that it is not just one person they are texting too. :O
9. The Shoulder : There’s always that friend who tells you, ‘Don’t worry man! All will be well and we’ll not flunk’. Thanks and salute to that friend who is always your shoulder in these desperate times.
10. The Hard Worker : You’ll always find these people there, ‘Hey man, what’s up? Studied all?’, you’ll text and they’ll reply like, ‘No, not even a bit, actually I was just busy writing all these notes on these chits and bits of paper, you need some?’ *facepalm*
So, that’s my list of the common people we all encounter during these times of need. Don’t worry people, brace yourselves – winter is coming. All the best to all of you!